Askina® Calgitrol® Ag is a technologically advanced wound dressing
that incorporates the barrier effectiveness of ionic silver with the
absorbency capabilities of calcium alginate and polyurethane foam.
Askina® Calgitrol® Ag wound dressings are recommended for the
management of infected or non-infected, partial to full thickness
wounds, such as stage I-IV pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, second
degree burns or donor sites.
- Silver is in ionic state, readily available for wound treatment
- Sustained antimicrobial effectiveness forup to 7 days
- Excellent exudate management capability
- Provides a moist wound environment conducive to natural healing
- Does not require the use of sterile distilled water to oxidize the metallic silver to the ionic state
- Easy application and removal, with no need for a secondary absorbent dressing
- Non staining
- Reduces the risk of periwound maceration
- Longer wear time for fewer dressing changes