UMP is an operation technique recently developed by Dr. Janak Desai. When conventional therapies reach their limits, UMP expands the treatment range for percutaneous removal of kidney stones.
By using an even smaller nephroscope (3 Fr. in diameter), the UMP technique can remove inaccessible stones, located in the complex system of the lower renal calices.
The Ultra-Mini Nephroscope will be inserted through a minor incision in the skin. A laser can be used to pulverize the kidney stone and remove the stone material – a technique that is very gentle for the patient due to its extremely small diameter.
– Impossible to create an overpressure
– Cleaning with whirlpool effect makes the procedure fast and max. effective
– Very small outer diameter of outer sheath (13 Fr.)
– Expensive disposable products not necessary
– Kidney stones from 1-2 cm in diameter can be treated